Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First day in Paris :)



Our flight was pretty long, and we didn't sleep very well, but we had a very full day. Planes, trains and automobiles, in that order. We took the RER from the airport to Gare du Nord, and a taxi to the hotel. We dropped off our bags, checked in and had a cafe just down the street. That woke us right up! We braved the metro for the first time, a bit confusing at first, but we figured it out quickly and did not have a single problem. Went to Ile de la Cite to see Notre Dame first. It was incredible! I thought of my mom a lot, I knew she would just love it! We prayed for family and friends. Then we walked to the Pantheon where figures such as Victor Hugo and other famous literaries are buried. We metro'd over to Musee d'Orsay but they had just closed. Then we got on the Batobus, water bus. That was great, because we got to see a lot of Paris from the Seine. We ended our boat ride at la Tour Eiffel. Wow, that was one of my favorites so far! We went all the way to the top, and it was kinda scary, but so amazing! We got there at the right time- we saw the sunset from the top, watched the city lights appear, and the Eiffel Tower all lit up and glittery. Beautiful! We ate a crepe with ham and cheese, then saw some performers twirling fire batons. I got them on video, they were absolutely fantastic! I love all the surprises and spontaneity you simply cannot plan for. This is a wonderful city and I'm pretty sure I'm in live with it! Paris is beautiful at night. We also saw the Arc de Triomphe, drank a bottle if wine on the Champs Elysees, and saw lots of interesting people everywhere. Time to start day 2, au revoir!

2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment and say how excited I am for you! Europe is just so quaint and different from the states. I would love to go back and see more than just Italy. Love the pictures.....have a great time!

    Love........Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I LOVE the pictures--so cool that you can do this all from your phone. You both look so happy--everyone needs to make journeys like these! Love ya--will check in lata! (and btw--yes--kanye--crazy stupid!)

    ReplyDelete